K-Blogg

Thursday, January 22, 2009

GamJams Reviews: Handlebar Tape

I have this Cinelli stars and bars tape hanging in the garage for someday when i'm a national champ at something... OK, I barely wrote that sentence without spitting all over poor lappy toppy! We'll call this an ice breaker. This tape i'll bet is tricky to wrap, and i've seen a few people using it and the colors have faded badly. That stinks because it's really nice looking.





Now on to the show;
When I picked up the Sram Rival groupo last year I wanted to get fancy red hood covers so I had Contes Va Beach order them up for me. I was informed that they come in a kit with bartape as well. I went with all red obviously. I didn't know at the time that Sram had any bar tape offerings so I was a bit leary of what I was getting into. But you know how these things go, "oh it's my fave bar tape in the world"! It's true, I'm impressed with it and it has become my fave. It holds up really well, doesn't hold onto a lot of dirt and grime like others do. I'm a fan of no glove riding when the situations allow it ( I try and race with gloves for the crash factor). This tape feels really good on the bare hands, and it doesn't get too slippery when wet. So when you're sprinting to the finish line and doing a bike throw, you won't do it literally!
The day I realized this unique feature was the first time riding this setup in a summer downpour. Riding with no gloves and I gotta tell ya, it felt great! Not spongy at all nor slick. For that alone, I am sold. It wraps really well and adds a nice touch to your Sram get up!










And as a bonus I give you Bontrager Buzzkills! They retail at your local BikeBeats for $9.99.

They're advertised to cancel road vibrations in the handlebar acting as a dampener. I used them on my Cross bike two years ago and have to be honest with you--- I didn't notice a difference. But, for some reason I have two more sets and I will try again. I think these would be better tested on a roadie only because CX'ers don't give a damn about no dampening!!!!!

So sorry for the lack of typical content with the K-Blogg as of late. With the current but short off season, and facebook, it's just not happening. But once we start doing some drama crits with the drama filled roadies you bet we'll be chock full of... Cuz here in the k-blogg----"we love drama"!

xoxo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home