K-Blogg

Thursday, December 11, 2008

GamJams Reviews: Trainers and Rollers - CycleOps Fluid

It takes a LOT to get me on the trainer!

I mainly use it as a pre race warm up, especially for cross season.

I will also use it in a group session.

This past Tuesday we had a select group at Atlantic Performance Training facility thanks to Joshua and the Virginia Beach Wheelmen. This was really cool! We were all hooked up with heart rate straps and our stats were displayed on a screen ahead of us on the wall. We were instructed to get into specific zones and hold it for specific times. I didn't know we were being recorded but it was super cool to see the graphs at the end of the session.

This is the only trainer I've had but I really do like it! It's very quiet, smooth and easy to setup. I've seen other people using other brands, and lets just say that I'm glad I have the CycleOps Fluid 2! Another great addition is the front wheel block which essentially makes your bike level as you'd be while riding on the road.
I think I saw a travel bag or case for these units at the shop. That would be great as they tend to be big, heavy, and awkward.

Some assembly is required

If you're in the market for a good trainer, This one gets the nod from K-Blogg!


A good view of the front wheel block, and the sweat that I dropped like it was HOT on Tuesday night!

Have a great weekend everybody!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home