K-Blogg

Monday, November 10, 2008

Urban CX

I will start by saying "mission accomplished"! I got my ASS handed to me twice yesterday on a very technical, long, hilly, and well thought out course that kept me very focused and on my toes.
The weather was perfect.
I first raced the masters 123 which had 19 starters. I did one pre ride lap and was not confident with my technical skills that were needed but I figured with a conservative start, they would come. And with two to go, the skills kicked in and I started riding better and more aggressive. I'm happy with my placing although I could have done better I placed where I should have... I'm used to racing in fields where towards the end of the race, racers are bonking, crashing, or other reasons that bring higher placings to me. But at this level, I'm not finding that to be. It's really cool and exciting to be fighting tooth and nail for mid-pack finishes.

I had a chance to settle down for an hour before my next race while the fast ladies put on a show. I was definately leary of my next race but gave er a go anyway.

The 123 race had 15 starters and I knew I needed at least 10th to make some cash so that was very motivating. They started much faster than the masters race and I was smart not to try and match that pace or i'd be done early. I found my place and just tried to maintain. I had 8th locked in for a while till Steven Black came from nowhere and wouldn't let me ride with him. So 9th it was. It was nice to finally have the course dialed in and to ride at the speed my legs wanted to go. I was happy to rub elbows with some really fast dudes and be pushed to higher limits than i'm used to. I feel like I will be better from it.

Thx to all who cheered me on out there! You have no idea how much that fueled me to motor on. Especially in race #2!
Thx to everyone who made the event happen! Everything was great!

A lot of my peeps raced really well, and that was good to see...

I'm not sure what's next.

All these pics are courtesy of Ruth Stornetta and her gallery of pics from the masters 123 and 123 races can be found here---Urban Cx pics from Ruth











some press,
velonews

c-ville news

4 Comments:

  • At 7:42 PM EST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Looking good even if you need to shave.

    I'm jealous. Wish I could have gone.

     
  • At 11:11 AM EST , Blogger Rob Tripp said...

    Keep it-- missed you yesterday at freedom.

     
  • At 9:43 AM EST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Nice job brother!
    One day.... one fine day, I'll be back,

    Holiday

     
  • At 6:22 AM EST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    KMan - Sorry to hear that you had your ass beat-up on, bro. I experienced somewhat the same thing yesterday as my ass was asked to leave my job. Wow! Talk about putting a damper on the weekend. But biz is biz. I heard a nasty rumor that the economy was suckin' wind. Geez, I guess there's something to that. Meanwhile, I just bought a bright and shiny new Harley. How's that for timing? Spend a load of dough; then get told to "go." Definitely not a PMP moment. More like SMP.

    I got a Harley sticker that says Screw It. Let's Ride. Think that will be my motto for today.

    Stay loose and cool -

    Talking Attached

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home