K-Blogg

Monday, March 31, 2008

Virginia Duathlon

Mega-Dog took on the 2008 edition of the Virginia Duathlon (VaDu) held for the first time at this location Chippokes Plantation state park Surry Va.
We are a mixed relay team of Meaghann (runner), and the Dog (bike). I think its a perfect name.
The weather was horrible. I knew it was gonna be cold, but was unaware that precip was a factor. It started as a few flurries, then a steady sprinkling of ice which lasted for all of her first run and all of my ride. It then changed over to full on rain. A true mixed bag, I love that term!
The warm up consisted of staying warm, and dry in the car!
So she ran, I rode, she ran again- we froze.
They gave us a duck that said we got 1st place! Sweet. We got our ducks in a row and got the hell outta there!
I've ridden in rain, snow, ice (you know, mixed bag) and wind before, and colder temps. But somehow, this was the coldest ride I've ever done.
Once again, props tokalerunning crew for putting on the du in really bad conditions.
Results were posted same day...
Photos are on the way.

The Jeff Cuppers were in very similar conditions. My mates did stellar up there.
I will read every report I see cuz I back reports.

Toothy stayed poot! Life is Good.
Hip is bad, made an appointment for a looksy...





4 Comments:

  • At 8:15 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Very cool. Way to tough it out in truly Belgian conditions.

    Hope the hip feels better. I know that's been nagging at you.

     
  • At 8:11 PM EDT , Blogger Rob Tripp said...

    Hip recovery time is perfect for a P.S.H. viewing. I know this getting old, but I'm not giving up.

     
  • At 10:32 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Great job on your victory and weathering the "mixed bag"(yes, I too enjoy the term) of elements!! - wick

     
  • At 9:13 PM EDT , Blogger Liz Schleeper said...

    Congrats!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home