K-Blogg

Sunday, March 16, 2008

VBW Smackdown!

This race was put on by the Virginia Beach Wheelman who are a great bunch of guys and girls and family. They really have a great thing going on, and if it weren't for my long stint with Tri-Power, there's no doubt that I'd be rolling with this group. They make me feel like family more than any other of the organized groups out there. I wear there jersey a lot on training rides... Much respect. And dammit, nice job in putting on the race! It was a good course, and well run.
See ya'll freaks Monday night!

I did two races-----30+ (10th place)
Cat 3--------(17th)

Crazy was sick all weekend, no racing. Sucks because he's on good form!

In the Cat 3 race the young Gunz got things started right and quick with Ian, Tyler, and Bender. They caught me by suprise. By the time I saw the threat of this break on lap one, I was in no mans land trying to bridge to no avail... Good job to all in the break, and Stu for sneaking away late in the race and sticking it!
Bendo looks like a freakin giant here!







The Cat 4 finish was HOT! Look at the chick in the background with hands held high!

The Cat 3 line up. Look at all that RED!

My Gramps and I always called my Grams Darth (her name is Dorothy. So I figured I'd put a lil sum on my bike to pay tribute to her greatness... It's been a hard week, but it was great to come back home to a weekend of racing! Thank you all for the kind words and everything, we truly have a family like community here in the 757. And who doesn't have a Grandparent that they Love, Loved, Cherrish, Cherrished, and always remember?



Dismal Dash was well----DISMAL! I went backwards a few mins from last year... Wooooops. 109:and change, ouch.Results can be found here
BTW___if you need top notch electronic precise timing of your event, please contact kalerunning. They're awesome!

I will redeem myself in the VA-DU no doubt!

8 Comments:

  • At 2:52 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Cool tribute. Can't imagine a grandmother nicknamed Darth - she must have been an interesting lady.

    The Wheelmen did put on a decent race and are a nice bunch of folks.

     
  • At 8:43 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Awww, thanks Kevin. That was nice of you to say! We wish you were racing with the VBW also! It was great finally meeting you on Saturday - heard enough about you to feel I had known you for a long time though already! Can't wait for our wine~n~dine!!!

     
  • At 10:17 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Did you say family community? For most I agree. But there are some haters out there. Silly has bus tire tracks all over her back. Damn those tripower women are strong...Huh!? just listen to the buzzzzzzzz!

    Anyway

    nice work Tyler, Ian, Bender and anyone else that raced. Wish I could have been there!

     
  • At 10:54 PM EDT , Blogger Jennifer Shockley said...

    Thanks Kevin, much love here too :) You must have passed me at hyper speed yesterday -- good racin' Kev :)

     
  • At 12:10 AM EDT , Blogger angry buddhist said...

    happy paddys day.

    is that first shot shopped? that guy is huge, andre the giant huge.

     
  • At 8:48 AM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    i`m a lil offended DOGG, you know team brokeneck treatz you as though you are a bro..........

     
  • At 9:18 AM EDT , Blogger Kevin said...

    Oh D-bO!!

    I said "organized groups"...

     
  • At 7:28 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    team brokeneck gotz nuttin but LuVv 4ya DOGG.....

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home