K-Blogg

Sunday, September 23, 2007

The First Ever Va Beach Soccer Stadium Crit!!!!!

It's wierd to be at the end of September and still racing on the road, but here we are... After a hard fought 3 loops of the Sat morn stage race, I threw my hat in the ring for a crit on the freshly paved crit loop at the va beach sports plex. I picked up some really nice Specialized all condition tires that just so happen to match my Slingshot color scheme (red, black, and white). They're working really nice and look forward to using them for winter miles.
The course is a .7 mile blacktop with no curbs and no sharp turns to speak of. 20 of us in the A group lined up and had a heck of a time facing the heat, wind, and speed. You can tell the guys who've hung it up for the season, and those who are still holding onto some form. My intent was to work as much as possible, and get used to speed on the CX bike. I think it went well... Before long groups were formed and it was hard to figure what was what. But then again, I usually have a hard time with that anyway. It was good to see three CX out there! Next week, I want to see MORE!
I envision good things to come from this venue in the future, and if you can---come out and support local racing!

Many of you have seen or know of jonathan Devich the photographer of the pro peleton...
epicimages
Well I got a hold of his Dad--- Bob Devich who lit the fire for his love of the camera.
I put him in a headlock and said "gimme some photos man"!
Just kidding ;-)
I begged and pleaded for some photos for my blog. He said "whats a blog"?
Bob is also a big part of getting this race course built and setup for us.
so enjoy!

After the race I had to hydrate, and do a ton of yardwark at the new doghouse, and clear out the garage, and prep it for a fresh floor covering that will make it SWEET! The house is now ours and a lot of work will be put in this week before the big move down the street next weekend...







40 Comments:

  • At 5:40 AM EDT , Blogger fire fitness and bikes said...

    Good race Kevin. Afterwards I went home, sat around, watched football and drank beer. Hope you had fun with the yard work.

     
  • At 6:19 AM EDT , Blogger Kevin said...

    Now thats the spirit Josh! Thats what this time of year is all about...
    After all the housework, I went over to danbo's to watch The Flying Scotsman----a very good movie!
    And a few well deserved beers. I did get to see some of the Manning brothers games.

     
  • At 10:50 AM EDT , Blogger Rob said...

    Nice to see a cross bike rockin' it at a crit!

     
  • At 12:23 PM EDT , Blogger Blog Bully said...

    Rockin is a little strong, rob. Knife to a gun fight is more accurate. forearms on bars...Isn't that against the rules?

     
  • At 12:54 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Since when have you been concerned with the rules?

     
  • At 1:03 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I just want to know why the Chesapeake bully is wearing the VBV shorts and a BAR jersey in a non-BAR race.

     
  • At 1:05 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    beacuse he has a BAR jersey!!!!!!

     
  • At 1:06 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    when was he fast enough to get a bar jersey? shouldnt he be wearing his team shorts as well?

     
  • At 1:07 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    He wanted to wear "winners" shorts!!!!!

     
  • At 1:08 PM EDT , Blogger Blog Bully said...

    The biggest decision of my day, lil fella, was which bar jersey to wear. Where were you all weekend? Top secret IC training?

     
  • At 1:09 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Why isn't he wearing his Banana Republic shorts?

     
  • At 1:13 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    RobD and I were watching a REAL race!

     
  • At 1:22 PM EDT , Blogger T.Karnes said...

    If your reffering to me, blog bully, I was sick all weekend.

     
  • At 1:28 PM EDT , Blogger Marco said...

    t.karnes, he was referring to me.

     
  • At 1:53 PM EDT , Blogger Blog Bully said...

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

     
  • At 3:10 PM EDT , Blogger T.Karnes said...

    my bad, usually he looks down on me like that so im used to it.

     
  • At 3:13 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    T....

    you have got to buck up little buck-a-roo, it's not all about you!

     
  • At 3:14 PM EDT , Blogger Gene Fowler said...

    Marco,

    That danm race to to long to end.....

    more than an hour to get 22 laps........

     
  • At 3:21 PM EDT , Blogger Blog Bully said...

    ^ WTF does that mean????

     
  • At 3:24 PM EDT , Blogger Gene Fowler said...

    the Nextel Cup race in Dover!

     
  • At 4:18 PM EDT , Blogger Marco said...

    Tell me about Geno! RobD and I baked in the sun for 6 hours total! It was fun though...except for the dude smoking a pipe (non stop) in front of us.

     
  • At 5:37 PM EDT , Blogger Gene Fowler said...

    I do like watching him back flip, but I was pulling for Mark!

     
  • At 8:07 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    what the f!!!!! i sleep for 3 days and miss all the good stuff?????next time somebody call me......damnnnnnnnnnnnnn..........

     
  • At 8:38 PM EDT , Blogger Kevin said...

    WOOT

     
  • At 8:20 AM EDT , Blogger Marco said...

    When Matt's car blew up RobD started pulling for Mark too. Of course I was pulling for #8 ;-)

     
  • At 9:30 AM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Although crit racing is like Nascar, it doesn't mean we can start a chat about Nascar...blog bully has spoken

     
  • At 9:34 AM EDT , Blogger Blog Bully said...

    Oh come on! Can't you people take credit for your own comments??

     
  • At 9:35 AM EDT , Blogger Marco said...

    The Dingo will say what we can and can't do. And if the fastest guy on your team/Cat 2 BAR Champion wants to talk about NASCAR then we'll talk about NASCAR.

     
  • At 10:12 AM EDT , Blogger Gene Fowler said...

    yeah..... what he said........

    Wait.... I'm like the 3rd or 4th fastest on my team!

     
  • At 10:24 AM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Back to two (2)...

     
  • At 11:53 AM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Looks like I surely missed out on the fun. Typical.

     
  • At 12:50 PM EDT , Blogger Blog Bully said...

    And if you had seen him this weekend you wouldn't even say 3rd or 4th...

     
  • At 12:53 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    So you want him to be in peak form all year long?

     
  • At 1:40 PM EDT , Blogger Gene Fowler said...

    Hey "downgrade"

    I might be 3rd or 4th on my team but I am still faster than you! And I don't even know who you are!

    Damn "Bully" cut a brother some slack!

     
  • At 2:29 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Way to peak in September Rutledge! Oh one more thing; nice VBV shorts.

     
  • At 2:46 PM EDT , Blogger Gene Fowler said...

    I smell an impostor!!!!!!!

     
  • At 3:16 PM EDT , Blogger Blog Bully said...

    The real bill c is peaking in september, so we know it wasn't him that posted that. Glad you like the shorts though. They're starting to screen door! One more winter on my spin bike in them and they will look like duke's shorts.

    THis thing is up to 38 posts! I think that's a record!

     
  • At 4:05 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Well I for once have nothing to say. I got dropped. Hard.

     
  • At 6:12 PM EDT , Blogger Blog Bully said...

    Don't be so hard on (I said hardon) yourself silver fox. Everyone has bad days every now and again.

    40!!

     
  • At 9:40 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    hello friends. And i don't throw that term loosely. who f@#$king care what shorts gene was wearin. did ya have fun?
    Wayno aka missing man.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home