K-Blogg

Friday, September 21, 2007

The Show Must Go ON!!!

We cancelled Trashmore CX practice due to rain and an agreement not to mess up the grass on the hills...
But we are talking about CX weather so the plan b turned into Seashore State Park!
Here I thought i'd be riding all by myself in the sand and rain till to my suprise my email made it out to a bunch of folks.
Markrell, Joshua, Jimmy D, and Shawn B showed up raring to go.
We burned the multi-use trail all the way out and back. I was suprised to see some areas still dry.
We all kept it at a steady to hard pace, and towards the end I was on the rivets, but I wasn't gonna say it. Josh and I hung on to Markrells wheel to the finish. Jimmy and Shawn hit the road back 3/4's the way thru.
We got a lot of skill work in the out of control sand pits!!!
The cool thing about CX is that you can ride your bike in any weather. It reminds me of childlike play when i ride in the mud or crappy conditions.
My bike is dirty-------well hose the bitch off and HTFU!!!!!!!

I see that we're gonna have to start an email group or something...
BTW---my email is kevinhorvath@tmo.blackberry.net
Thanks Albe for passing along that email...

Tomorrow morning CX bikes with road tires
Sunday the first ever VA Beach training crits at the soccer stadium!
Get your CX speed workouts on by hanging on to the roadie wheels!!!





Thanx for sharing the pics Josh!!!


******UPDATE******

In honor of the road filled weekend, I picked up some Speacialized All Condition tires that match my SlingShot perfectly!
They're heavy, thick, and perfect for the upcoming winter miles I intend on doing later this year.
Oh, and that sand washed right off, and I don't feel sick!


Good Luck to everyone doing the Charm City Cross race Sunday! Wish I was there!

5 Comments:

  • At 1:14 PM EDT , Blogger MRussell said...

    what? no computer on the slingshot??

     
  • At 2:43 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    My chain added an extra year of wear on it, in one ride lastnight. Fun ride, I likes...

     
  • At 3:23 PM EDT , Blogger Marco said...

    No cross bike for me tomorrow morning: it's now in Tripp's hands getting new parts bolted on!

    Oh btw I never go the email :-(

     
  • At 8:55 PM EDT , Blogger fire fitness and bikes said...

    I'm glad your sand washed off easy. I decided to wait for morning and by then rust was starting to form. My chain still seems grinding. But it was worth it, great ride.

     
  • At 9:10 PM EDT , Blogger Kevin said...

    I waited till this evening before sunset.
    Just get a good lube on the chain and shift her thru the gears, give it a good wipe and spray the cassette with a light film of silicone or wd-40

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home