K-Blogg

Thursday, September 13, 2007

SlingShotBikes.com

The DD-X is dialed in and I'm really happy with her... I call her that because shes DD. Not Dee Dee as the badass Dee Dee Winfield that makes it a goal of hers to try and lap me in a cx race which didn't happen last time... So I call the bike D D, thats the story, it's my story and I'm sticking with it!
The photo here is pretty much the way she'll run in a race. Oddly enough her first races may just be some crits! Tidewater Bike Racing Club is putting on some races at the Virginia Beach Soccer Stadium Sept 23rd and 30th So I will be throwing some road wheels on DD and working on some speed. Sounds pretty sweet, and I get to stay close to home which makes everyone happy. With the move coming up at the end of the month, there's a lot to do.
Tonight was another Trashmore cross practice ride and DD did awesome! I wasn't feeling so great but did my best at keeping Crazy in sight. Two days ago we went faster and longer. Hopefully these hard and long race type efforts will pay off.
I'm very happy with the way the Slingshot rides both on and off road. There's a well balanced blend of aluminum and carbon. It's not flexy at all yet it's very comfortable and light! And for me, a big factor is looks, she looks sweet with the matte black and nude carbon.
Last weekend I did three stages of the Saturday morning group race er I mean ride. All in all, i did 50 miles with the roadies while I was rolling with full knobbies and 50psi compact cranks with 50/34 up front and a 12/25 in the back. It was a killer workout, and thought it was a good pre-ironcross ride. The next day was a Danbo led ironcross leadup ride in Williamsburg totalling another 50 miles of rolling roads and fireroads. So, me and ol DD are getting along just fine, and I'm so glad we were introduced (thanx Jason). I hope she never becomes my EX! But we are dealing with a woman here...
If you're looking for a really good all arounder, this is it!

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home