K-Blogg

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Controversy @ the GBWC

First of all I would like to thank all of you who made the long trek out to Great Bridge for a special ride. Second, this is Kim's ride and her birthday is Sunday so holla at a sista!

There were so many people there, and you could feel a certain buzz or excitement in the air. We started out as we normally do with a conversational pace gradually picking it up to a good steady warm up pace. While still on Long Ridge (aka the no breakaway zone) somebody on a TT bike (thats right a TT bike) jacked up the pace while riding on the far right side of the road and the wind is coming from the left. Only a handful of dudes were able to make that group.
Theres two things wrong with this. First,I said no TT bikes. Second, it was too early in the ride for that move. So therefore I DQ'd the whole first group.
That left the real action in my group. We rode very well and all shared in the pacemaking. We came into the sprint with just a handful of us and Matt attacked early with Danbo in tow. I was forced to close it with Rob D on me. Once we caught, they hesitated and I jumped. Rob D officially wins the rainbow jersey, I get silver, and Danbo gets bronze.
Afterwards we enjoyed some good clean smacktalk and beers. The weather was perfect!
Careful out there today, it's gonna be HOT!


For the record, i'm still not at a level to survive a lead group that broke early so i'm not at all saying that had I been in there I would have been able to do anything or even hang on. Just being real here, this is my hobby and I have a lot of fun with it.

6 Comments:

  • At 8:17 AM EDT , Blogger T.Karnes said...

    I guess that sketchy lil d00d dont take rules from nobody!

     
  • At 9:04 AM EDT , Blogger nPlusOne said...

    He was probably sans socks and sleeves too - those tri guys, I tell ya. We, ahh, I mean, they like doing their own thing sometimes.

     
  • At 9:08 AM EDT , Blogger Kevin said...

    I see it more as an inadequecy and insecurity issue...

    Albe, this wasn't no tri guy...

    Its actually a very smart fella who for lack of better terms is quite rebellious. Its all good, every group needs one or twelve.

     
  • At 9:18 AM EDT , Blogger Unknown said...

    Rules are made for a reason.

    The second "A" group, not the "B" group had a great ride too.

    Happy B-day to Kim, the most awesome ride leader!

     
  • At 9:44 AM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    i too got caught out talking.... i tried to bridge but that wind was a bitch, i almost got there twice, but all in all i got the perfect ride i was looking for, i`ve not been out to the GB ride in over a year, truly a classic indeed.....
    HAPPY B-DAY KIMPOSSABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

     
  • At 2:13 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That little weazy better tear up the PLT Sunday with all the time he's putting on the time trial bike!

    I seriously doubt he will beat the Crazy Train!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home