K-Blogg

Saturday, February 09, 2008

Mud in yer eye XC #2

I can't thank The Hupp's and kalerunning enough for putting on top notch running events locally, and giving me something to do other than cycling in the winter months! They find great places for the races, and offer up the fastest results posting I have ever seen. I am enjoying meeting new people and rubbing elbows with little girls in sprint finishes. This is one time that I hope the photographer didn't catch me! I really wasn't sprinting her, it was Dinsey I was trying to get away from. He got me good at the last race, and I was hoping to change that this time. I almost messed it up by misjudging the finish and laying everything I had about a quarter of a mile too soon (oooops). So I crawled it on in, and took a gander behind me only to see him closing in. I found a lil sum sum to kick into the finish and not let him beat me. It's a great little competition (friendly) we have and it's really motivating! Jerry showed up for this one and finished very well in my age group. Who knew he could run? Turns out he's run a few marathons back in the day. Cockrell was out there too, and he didn't disappoint! Two of our peeps were not there---
Marco had a hockey game (go figure ;-) ) and Meaghann who got really ill the other day and wasn't well enough to get out there.

AFter the run, Chris, Jerry and I got changed for a bike ride, and rode down Cedar to the infamous PLT course, and boy was that wind a howlin!!! It was a good 30 (?) ride topped off with a little bucks at the end.
This was my first ride on my road steed in over 5 months! And I must say, the Sram Force Carbon setup is very nice! I'm already used to the difference in shifting.


I hope everyone is enjoying this lovely weather we're having!!!

Below is the email I got at Starbucks post ride from Kalerunning.

Congratulations Kevin Horvath on finishing the Mud in Your Eye Cross Country #2 on February 09, 2008. For your records, the weather that day was mostly sunny, 43 degrees F, calm wind.

There were 19 finishers in the Male 35 to 39 age group and 271 finishers in the 6K division.

Your overall finish place was 59, your age group finish place was 5 and your gender finish place was 51. Your time 25:34.95 gave you a 6:51 pace per mile.

Thank you for coming out to race in the 4th Annual MIYE XC Series. It looks like some good series competition is developing...

7 Comments:

  • At 2:40 PM EST , Blogger chris d said...

    Keep looking over that shoulder. I'm coming.

     
  • At 2:52 PM EST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    did you really say WINTER????????????

     
  • At 5:31 PM EST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    nice job on the run. i rode and it was 70+ out. not often a michigan punk can call that out. peace

     
  • At 9:33 AM EST , Blogger Marco said...

    Yes we did have a 8:30AM hockey game that we tied (a very good game by the way) but afterwards, to make it bike related, we stopped by the Hampton Supertrack (BMX) and let Brett practice on his brand new Felt. He's totally digging the BMX thing. I told him we'll have to bring the Dawg along for the first race.

    I'm sorry I missed the race.

     
  • At 4:45 PM EST , Blogger MRussell said...

    Too bad I wasn't there, then both you and dinsey could've looked over your shoulders at me.

     
  • At 7:34 PM EST , Blogger Suki said...

    yick. pooey. yuck.

    *spits on shoe*

    running's for ex-cons, junior high kids and turkeys.

    I'm guessing you're not a junior high kid...

     
  • At 9:37 PM EST , Blogger Kevin said...

    How bout ex con, as a junior?

    I'm just using it as cross training sukisuki!

    I despise winter base miles, so I run.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home