K-Blogg

Thursday, January 24, 2008

It's Happening...

(those red thingys were hard as hell to put on!)





And dammit it's sad... I'm dealing with alot of remorse after breaking down ol DD-X! I mean, what did she do wrong? Absolutely nothing I tell ya, absolutely nothing. Except give me one of my better seasons of cross. That bike ROCKED in ALL conditions. Throw on the road wheels and you'd think you were on a pure bred road racing machine! It could be the motor, but you and I know that's hogwash.
It really is a bike you can do anything with.
So I'm currently putting my CAAD 9 cdale back together with some fancy SRAM Force Carbon goodies minus cranks. This setup is new to me, but I've always used gripshift on the mtb so I know they know how to make really good stuff lighter and cheaper than their competition.
The good thing about putting the road steed together is that it will be very fast. Especially after using a cross bike as my road bike since late September.

I'm very excited for what 2008 holds for me on the bike scene... Hopefully things work out, and I'll be able to post some big plans in the near future. If not, I'll just let it go, and hope that you forgot I posted this.

Oh yea, the reason for all the video only posts is partly because they're good, and mostly because I have been sick all week. I finally caught a little virus and am dealing with it as quietly as I can. I haven't and won't be riding till Sunday at the earliest. So, a bike change over came at a perfect time!

Gotta get myself right for Superbowl weekend. We have a group of 15 or so heading up to C-ville for the weekend to have epic mtb rides both Saturday and Sunday. Looking very forward to it. And to seeing all my homeboys from up there!
(I need a new MTB)

4 Comments:

  • At 4:28 PM EST , Blogger Jimmy D said...

    Hope you feel better. Maybe one day when you make more than $6.00/hour you won't have to rape your bikes for parts. :)

    It's a piece of cake to install the hoods when they are on the bars but...

     
  • At 5:31 PM EST , Blogger chris d said...

    This explains why you didn't show up this morning in the cold. At least it's a likely excuse. You'll like the Force, it's with you.

     
  • At 8:37 PM EST , Blogger Liz Schleeper said...

    I'm intrigued by the hint. Perhaps this is the year you go pro:)?

     
  • At 10:47 AM EST , Blogger Nerf said...

    Wait a minute.....he's not already a pro?! Where've I been?!?! :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home