K-Blogg

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

When I Hip you Hip we Hip




Liz-Voice ,

ChrisD ,

Danbo ,

and myself hit Freedom Park on a Day where We as American citizens celebrate Freedom.
I woke up late, real late, but danbo figured i'd be running late and ended up coming by the house just in time.
When I stepped out of the bed my hip was in so much pain. Since the wreck on the Sat mornin ride, my hip was the worst of my injuries, but it never swelled or gave me too much of a problem. Well today I have one child bearing hip. It is noticably huge. All around it is like yellow and green. I didn't have time to cancel the ride, I didn't want to cancel the ride. I had enough time to get dressed, brush my teeth, grab two pop tarts and a gatorade. After the hour long trip up there, it took me awhile to get out of the car and dressed in riding attire. I had no idea how this would go. No one knew how far we were going... Okay enough whinning. I just wanted to iterate just how bad the dog was hurt today. I must have rolled over and slept on it.
After riding on the road, it eventually felt better or I was getting used to it. We pedalled the rolling hills of W-burg and New Kent till the roads became un-paved. Now that was fun! We kept mentioning how great this terrain will be in preperation for the Iron Cross.
We had three flats! Liz and I had none!
I only brought one water bottle (wrong move sucka)
Chris and I were in the bonk zone.
The weather was perfect, the conversations were delightful.
It was just one of them days.
three and a half hours and sixty miles
Danbo and I came back to the doghouse and hit the pool for a few.
Then I had to ice the Hip.
Fired up the BBQ for burgers and dogs, rinsed em down with some Lager!
All other plans got nixed cuz I found out that the Judster was diagnosed with strep throat today, but we had fun regardless.
None of us made plans to wear the star and bars, we just figured it was a given.
Peace
Hope the rest of ya'll had a nice ride to Creeds!!!

7 Comments:

  • At 8:39 AM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    what a nice day 4 a bike ride....

     
  • At 9:20 AM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Wish those roads were a little closer. That was a blast. Despite the flats and near bonk.

     
  • At 11:38 AM EDT , Blogger Liz Schleeper said...

    One of my fav rides of the year. I think we ought to all do it again on a Sunday and visit that church on the dirt road (not to be confused w/ visiting the cemetary on the same dirt road). Hope Judy's strep and your swelling go down soon.

     
  • At 1:53 PM EDT , Blogger MRussell said...

    What is Chris doing in the pic?

    Glad ya'll had a great ride.

     
  • At 4:15 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Innocently trying to turn on my camera, mister.

     
  • At 4:28 PM EDT , Blogger Kevin said...

    I think he was scratching his junk!
    You should see his gangsta lean pic in his blog where he is blocking the whole sign that says "Freedom Park"!
    Liz, most rides we're on turn out to be EPIC, and FAVES!
    My swelling hasn't gone down yet...

     
  • At 8:22 PM EDT , Blogger Liz Schleeper said...

    Sounds as if you need to be on bed rest.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home