K-Blogg

Sunday, January 14, 2007

It was a good day...

With yesterdys epic ride, I wasn't looking to repeat so I pondered the alternatives. Ah yes, I will go mountainbiking! This morn I packed everything up, and we all went to church where Jim almost slipped up there. I'm not sure if it was for real or not. I almost stood up and said " don't trip ya'll, He aint finished wit Jim yet"! That's how I like to be looked at (not judged) a work in progress...
Afterwards, we headed up to Williamsburg to take full advantage of this wonderful weather. New Quarter Park is where we landed. Sally and Judy played in the playground and nature walked while I burned two 6 mile loops of awesome singletrack! It was sooooo nice! It's so nice to just hit the trail all by yer lonesome and ride at whatever pace you want, and become one with bike and nature. I set my suspension both front and rear to the plushest settings, and set both tire pressures to 32psi (their tubeless). What a nice setup that turned out to be! Oh, and check this out, the whole time I rode, I never shifted! Not once. I found that to be odd. It was a gear that I could spin well on the flats, and stand up and power the climbs.
I finished up, and freshened up, and took a walk with the fam to this great scenic spot overlooking Queen Anne Lake where we shot a few pics.
Went to City Center in Oyster Point for some lunch- it's the equivalent to our Town Center va beach va. Went to Firken's Pub for a great meal and excellent Ale. I called KJ to let him know we were in his hood, so Ken n Jen stopped by for a drink and visit. Good to see them as always!
And of course no trip to Bad News can be complete without a stop to Trader Joe's!!!
Before the trip back to the Beach, I had to get my grande gringo from bucks for the road. For those of you with childrens, I have been asking for and recieving a kids cup full of whipped cream for my daughter. They take one look at her, and hook the girl up. Let me know if you too can pull it off...
Leaving the parking lot, I looked over at a car with bikes on it and recognized the driver. It was Beneline and XXXTODD's wife. Benny came over and chatted with us for a few. Man, we've known her for a loooong time! They did a ride up in the Burg as well.
Made it home, did a few things, posted a blog, gonna relax for a bit, and hit the sack! Ya'll enjoy MLK day tomorrow!

Next movie night, I got the movie "SNAKES ON A PLANE" YES!




This one just cracks me up!



but now it's a done day...

5 Comments:

  • At 9:52 PM EST , Blogger Marco said...

    Sounds like a real nice day!

     
  • At 11:20 PM EST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I always stop at Trader Joe's whenever I go MTB'g out west. Lots of good eats to load up on. I'll have to try out the whipped dream thing at Starbucks.

     
  • At 8:58 PM EST , Blogger Todd Helmick said...

    Nice Fam pics, man they look Professional.

     
  • At 11:26 AM EST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey Man, It was good to see you and the Fam, thanks for giving me a buzz while in town, catch up with you soon,

     
  • At 7:24 PM EST , Blogger Kevin said...

    Thanx Todd! It's the works of the good ol D 50 and a tri-pod!
    Chris, you're in on the next trip so we can make a stop at TJ's!!! And good luck @ Bucks!
    Marco, this saturday, you, me, danbo, maybe Chris D---We run we ride...
    KJ---You know it! You just let me know when yer ready to meet up at beefcake Gold's Gym and we can do this like Brutis!
    .
    Lovin Life!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home