K-Blogg

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Wissahickon Cross

-----Crazy------Kabush------Me------

Well, I'm having trouble loading photogs on the blog, but I managed to get one or two in...
Today was a lot colder, with threatening clouds covering the warming sun. It was also a lot faster than yesterday too. I enjoyed the fast and very twisty course with very little climbing.
Oh, the sand was cool too!
We open the day once again with Bill G in the C-men's class. He had horrible starting position again today, and I thought he'd have a much harder time picking them off on a faster course, but sure enough, as we stood on top of the hill, we watched and counted them off as he picked! I couldn't watch too much, cuz we had to suit up, and warm up for our race. But he worked his way up to 7th! What a double weekend for Bill ! A 5th and a 7th! I for one, am very proud!!!
A big thanks to whoever provided the free to warm up on cycle ops trainers, pratically on the course! You get to warm up, and watch a race, awesome...
They did a top 25 call up and then a free for all to get starting position. Once again, we didn't get great positioning. The first lap was absolute mayhem, and it took almost two laps to get thing sorted out. There was just groups of groups riding around, and the course is soooo twisty that you have no idea where you are. You just know who's right in front and right behind ya. I had a solid race, stayed upright, kept the chain on the ring, and finished feeling strong. I know I need a lot more work, but the skills are there. I finished 44th, a big improvement from yesterday. Mike rode hard and fast! I saw him for like two laps, and then he took off. He's on a mission. he got 23! Very consistent showing on two very different courses.
I think its good to get these huge races in under the skinsuits before we get started with the local Virginia series next week. We should be good to go for them...
The Pro races are soooo much fun to spectate. We're done, changed, fed, got a few beers in from the beer tent, and you get to see yer fave cross racers warming up, then race! I aint gonna lie to ya, it's good times! We got to meet Kabush, Trebon, Wicks, and Powers. Very cool and funny guys! We have some pics that will be up soon...
We're still not home yet, me and the fam headed further north to the top of ol, no, new jersey. We're here to visit ol gramps (nelly), and make sure he's doing alright after suffering a stroke last week. They say he's steadily improving so thats good. I will post how that goes with pics when we get home. I dread the long drive tomorrow.

peace




A very nice run-up they have here, at the top is the beer tent!

1 Comments:

  • At 8:05 PM EDT , Blogger Liz Schleeper said...

    Glad you guys had fun. Seems the traffic is a big downside of cross when in those big fields. The call up is the key, just like Deidre said.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home