K-Blogg

Saturday, October 21, 2006

A Quick Granogue update

Well, we just finished up day one of this two day cross weekend. The weather was perfect for this event. The scenery up here in Wilmington is awesome!
Bill G rocked his first real cross race in the C men to a 5th place! He didnt have great starting position, but within a lap, he was already looking at top ten. He just kept picking them off. When they were coming through for their 2cnd lap I was like "Is that a flame burning up the road?" sure nuff, it was Bill using his strong point to jump positions in leaps and bounds.
In the B race Mikey and I lined up kinda mid pack which wasnt so good. Mike stared well, and maintained decent position. I was up there till i slid out in the mud before the run-up, and dropped the chain. I had a heck of a time putting it back on, and got my glove caught between the chain and chainring. By the time I got up the run-up and back to riding, I was placed pretty far back, so I just got in where I fit in, and rode, and smiled, and worked on some skills. I'm happy to know that if that didnt happen i would have finished pretty well, so i'm not stressing too much. I'm actually considering going with a single chainring up front with two guards on each side. This would ensure chain droppage no more. So I finished towards the back, and Mikey finished in the top quarter of the large group. These race fields are huge in all categories!

The Pro womens race was very exciting to watch! We walked much of the course to watch them in all the tricky sections, and cheer, ring bells, shoot pics. Katie Compton, Lynne Bassette, Georgia Gould, and a sprint for fourth won by DeeDee over Maureen (pigtails) Bruno!

The Pro mens race was crazy and ever changing! We stayed near the barriers and the run-up hill which had the crowd in a frenzy because every once in a while, some brave soldier would ride this wall of a hill. It was an amazing experience. Trebon repeated, Jeremy Powers, Wicks, and Tim Johnson, Todd Wells


It's the first cross race that the fam unit has come out to, and I must say, they had a great time!

Tomorrws event is just outside of Philly. Bill wants to better a 5th, and crazy and i have some redeeming to do... wish us all luck!!!

Bill in the craziness



Just havin a good ol time cx racing!


My good luck charm (juju)!


Mike working thru the feild to an impressive start


Where does she get this from???

3 Comments:

  • At 9:15 AM EDT , Blogger JB said...

    NIcw write up and photos!

    From the road yet, I'm impressed.

    Nats registration is open.

     
  • At 6:23 PM EDT , Blogger Liz Schleeper said...

    Yes, from the road even! Nice job to you all and want to hear about today.

     
  • At 7:19 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Nice pics there! Jenny noticed Judy finally lost that loose tooth! catch you soon, Erf and all that.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home