K-Blogg

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Camp HIlbert


JB just got 3rd in beg vet and Dan G is flat out flyin out there in first place enduro! Thay still have a few hours to go, but he looks and feels good. We're about to go tear up the expert fields. More later... K-Dog (an email I posted just before our race) Good onya, JB!!!


Well, No-one had an answer to Dan G's assault on the Enduro class today... Not even Rob D!
While Rob Suydam and I were pre-riding the course (we rode an entire lap) We caught up with Dan.
I yelled "Hey Danbo, why you ridin so fast?" He said "I dunno dog, I feel good!" I was and am definitely proud of him, he rocked all day!
Even though towards the end he got stung in the arse by a bee. Supposedly, the same gargantuan BEE that stung Crazy in the arm.
Crazy, Stoop, and I took on the expert fields. I did the Vet Ex, while the two Mikes did Pro/Ex. We all started together on a loose gravel fireroad, and straight into the tight, windy, twisty, rollie, dusty singletrack. The whole course was like a rollercoaster ride! It was fast and fun! We protested the Lemans start and opted to just ride our bikes to start. Whats the deal with promoters making us do a 100yd dash to our bikes and then racing??? Once in the trail the real fun began, with tire scrubbing, and people jockeying for position. I worked my way up to one spot behind Crazy, and thought if I can hang on here for a while I will be set. After the first lap my legs said "nah sucka" and I was forced to back off the gas a bit. Not too happy bout that but I had a lot of fun anyway!
Crazy sprinted to 6th, and I cruised into 4th. Tripower did really well out there today, and it had to be topped with an infamous stop at "Nacho Mama's"!
And yet another stop at Bruster's ice cream in the same parking lot! I'm stuffed... This MTB stuff just puts a smile on my face ;-)

To start things off this morning we (the Horvath's) were trying to figure out which vehicle to take. The Beamer is out due to the lack of A/C.
The JudyWagon is a mess, and kinda tight. So Sally suggested we take the truck. I was like that's for business, and the gas mileage is not good.
She said KCS (Kevin's Courier Service) was gonna be delivering an arse whooping up to Richmond! I was like "good point, lets pack up the truck!"
I delivered, unfortunately, the product was partially opened on the Sat Morn Ride yesterday. Some of you may have noticed, some of you may have been too far back ;-). So the package of whooping lost a bit of FIZZ. But fun was had, package was delivered, gas, and mileage will be written off!

Thanx for reading, see ya'll soon!
kevin

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home