K-Blogg

Thursday, November 08, 2007

Uh Oh, Not Again.....

On a cool, chilly Wed night Norfolk ride, My season long stretch of wicked wrecks found me once again.
This time off the front with Art the Dart crossing an intersection that was undergoing some construction. No cones, no warnings just a big hole in the road that after hitting it, jarred my hands right off of the handle bars for a momentary WTF! We estimated the speeds at up to 25mph cuz i don't use no stinking computer! I tried, I really did to grab hold of those elusive bars when all of the sudden they X'd up and launched my ass over the bars onto the pavement with Helmet, shoulder, back, elbow, hip (thats right-no left), and quad! Another jersey torn up! I literally have no team wear left...
Art did a stellar job of not running me over. I don't know how he did it, cuz I remember looking up thinking a yellow cab was coming at me, but indeed it was a 9lb yellow fork carving it's way away from me.
I quickly got up and fixed my shifter, and said " let's finish our breakawy"!
I rode half of ipswitch and the pain was a bit much, so those whose lights were fading to amber were led around the swichy trails of ip thru college park to the entry/ meeting point by Crazy. We have a destiny with Nats come mid Dec so he was lookin out for me. No need to take silly risks and get hurt even more.
Ah hell, I have to get back to work. More later after I get some X-Rays
Enjoy the pics! Photos by Liz and Blackberry Curve

Post ride was supposed to be at Cogan's but they were closed due to a cleaning party! So Taphouse it was. A couple of Loose Cannons and a chicken buritto later I was good to go... Jerry, Mike M, Silly, Liz, Art, and myself all partook. Jimmy D was stuck in the parking lot waiting on "pop a lock" as he locked himself out of his truck while it was running.

UPDATE!
OK, back from the doc in tha box, and no breaks or fractures thankfully. Just a nasty sprained shoulder... While I was there I got hooked up with a tetnis and flu shot--- And got some nice pain management candy!!!
Just finished up the beef stew that the wifey had cookin all day, and boy did that hit the spot. I'm washing it down with some 4$ (actually 3.99) double dog dare red wine.
Thanx to all who've been checking in on me, I really appreciate that. And it's not so bad. If it were summer time, I would be really jacked up tho. I was wearing three layers of clothing...

You 757CX'ers have fun on the Thur Night Ride tonight!






Please welcome our newest member Jerry Hadley!!!!! I hope he knows what he's getting into... He'll fit right in!







Who said I got No ass at all? That shit is NICE!

10 Comments:

  • At 12:32 PM EST , Blogger Jimmy D said...

    I gonna puke.....

     
  • At 3:32 PM EST , Blogger Suki said...

    beef stew, eh?


    sounds 'bout right.



    *you say potato...I say pahtahto*

     
  • At 6:02 PM EST , Blogger chris d said...

    Nice? Not! Hairy? Yes.

    Nice of Silly to return the favor and she looks so happy to do it.

    Get well, hamburger.

     
  • At 1:44 PM EST , Blogger fire fitness and bikes said...

    Ride light young grasshopper.

     
  • At 4:08 PM EST , Blogger nPlusOne said...

    One word: BIC

    One of you TP guys should put together a nice montage of all the spills your team took this year.

     
  • At 9:13 PM EST , Blogger Kim said...

    for a second, i thought the ass shot was none other than Cipo...not that I've ever actually seen it!
    Ouch

     
  • At 10:54 AM EST , Blogger JB said...

    I only have one word ....

    depilitory

     
  • At 3:26 PM EST , Blogger Kevin said...

    "Hair removal products: Depilitory and Wax"

    JB, youre a proud vest wearer too----cmon man, back me up. HaHa I said back, as in hairy back!

    Wear your hair, wear it everywhere!

     
  • At 3:39 PM EST , Blogger Rob said...

    was it a full moon that night or are you part werewolf- woof or woot? heal up quick.

     
  • At 9:37 PM EST , Blogger Liz Schleeper said...

    I loved that the breakaway still stuck :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home