K-Blogg

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

playing catchup!

First of all---- I am sorry for the major delay in the K-Blogg as of late... There's been a lot going on, and I'm still trying to dial in my "free time"! For the most part, all is well. Still trying to shake this weird cold I picked up in Florida. I have found that I'm not alone in this nagging, coughing, throaty situation. Time off has never done me any good, so I'm just riding through it.

Last night's Great Bridge ride was probably the hardest on record! Rob D (who's also sick) and I said "we have'nt seen this kind of lineup at any of the races". Besides the hot temps, there were some fast dudes as well. I knew I was gonna get popped, just didn't know when and where. It happened to be when Pauly Walnutz decided to open up the legs. I had to pull the plug. I hear the rest of their ride was just brutal... I got into a group of about 6 and we rolled along really well together. Once we got onto the Fentress loop, I was feelin froggy, and pulled thru at a nasty clip (i think it was 32) after I flicked my elbow, it was Shawn B, and Nisbet. And before long it was Nisbet and I. I let him know that I was dying. He said I should be! He nursed me along into the headwind till I was feeling up to contributing. We kept the pace up pretty high and had 2 nice finishing sprints. You know its a great ride when you get dropped, and the pickup groups are kick ass!!!

KD Kevin Dillard of velophotos.net was at the Carytown Cycles Bryan Park circuit race this past Sunday. This was Father's Day, and I was looking for my gift on a course in a park where I won a cross race this past fall. Well, I aint nobody's Daddy out there, so no gifts were being handed out, just attacks in TIMEly manner from left and right! The circuit was fun, a bit bumpy though. It was very hot out, and you needed two bottles for this one. I felt my elastic band pulled taunt about 3 times, but I hung in there, and felt pretty good. The team did great with 3rd, 4th, 9th and 19th! Greco, Crazy, Young Mark, and Me!
Came home to a lovely homecooked fave meal of mine---stuffed shells, italian bread, and red wine!!! Round here, everyday is Fathers Day!


the finish line sprint!

The day before---Saturday was the State TT champs at Stoney Creek where conditions were ideal for fast times. And fast times were had, record breaking times in fact. Somehow, I managed to go a few secs slower than last year when conditions were pretty bad. I knew I wasn't gonna do any damage out there, I just want to tr and limit my losses in the 30+ BAR. The way Adam and Rob TT, they don't make it easy! Once again, the team did great, and hopefully will regain, and maintain the lead.

as usual, comment away, and maybe I will see you out there for the FF ride tomorrow!

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home