K-Blogg

Monday, June 11, 2007

How quickly two weeks go by…

From the City of Norfolk to the City of Chesapeake!

I worked at the Norfolk city garage for seven years as an automotive technician. I sure had good times there! And made a lot of good friends as well. I had it real good there, so good that it took me leaving sort of to find out. I’m glad I left mainly because of all the growing and experiences I encountered since leaving. I had a great job experience at Colonial Chevrolet body shop. What a great bunch of guys working in that shop! From there I started my own courier business serving the great folks of Portsmouth, Chesapeake, Suffolk, on up to Smithfield. I will miss many of them, but it just became too much. And that damn downtown tunnel, I will not miss YOU! The fine folks at Colonial Chevrolet parts dept will be missed. I got out of my huge chevy siverado extended cab with an eight ft bed, and gave my wife a beautiful new Nissan pathfinder!
Yea, Yea, I know, I got the judywagon but I will somehow man it up soon (somehow).
Today, I did orientation at the city of Chesapeake for my latest and greatest job. Automotive technician. I actually missed turning a wrench, I mean it’s all I’ve done my whole life, it’s who I am, I’m excited, I’m nervous.
In between jobs, I gave myself two weeks off, basically because I haven’t had any time off in a year and a half! I literally rode my butt off, and went to the gym all the time, had breakfast, and lunch dates here and there. Got to do the famous Tuesday and Thursday morning rides, with Panera to follow ( and because I don’t like Panera’s coffee, I hit Starbucks after that)! We went to Disney World from Wednesday to Sunday! I picked up a bit of a cold, and haven’t worked out or ridden in over a week, but I’m sure I will be fine. I did hit the gym today for some light cardio, and it hurt real bad. The heart rate is up, and I was winded at 50% workload. The sweat, and heavy breathing felt good, but it didn’t help my pounding headache, and bodyaches. I will give tomorrows dropfest of a ride a go, and see what I’ve got. With Gener doing Mt Mitchell today, I’m sure he won’t be firing on all cylinders which will be fine with me.


5 Comments:

  • At 11:25 PM EDT , Blogger T.Karnes said...

    so are you gonna trick out my car when i get my liscense?

     
  • At 5:26 AM EDT , Blogger Kevin said...

    Nope, I will leave that up to the R in SR-racing!

     
  • At 9:55 AM EDT , Blogger SAMBO said...

    Good luck with the new gig. I'm a little disappointed tho, with the Disney picks, i was thinking you were going to start sporting a costume...like pluto or somethin

     
  • At 10:44 AM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Sounds like he was more like Sneezy. At least it wasn't Dopey. Congrats on the new job, my e-mail box already feels neglected.

     
  • At 1:16 PM EDT , Blogger MRussell said...

    Good Luck at the new gig, try not to lose too much skin from the knuckles...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home