K-Blogg

Monday, May 07, 2007

This weekend felt like work!

Photo creds so far go out to Danbo, and The Samuels----thanx!





Friday afternoon Crazy,Brenna, and I headed for the hills of wintergreen leaving early enough to beat the traffic. It is a great advantage if you can do it to stay up in Wintergreen for the TT rather than drive up that morning. I don't know why I can't climb better than I do. I mean i've got a climbers body make up yet my times never reflect that. Maybe it's the sprinter in me, yea, that's it! I have never seen so many sub 40 min times up there. People are on fire this year! The team did really well. Our biggest hill here is the pungo ferry bridge mind you.
This year we had to boogie right after awards because we hosted the Norfolk Cycling Classic the day after. I would have much rathered stayed up in the mountains for the group ride Sunday, but we had work to do.
Sunday we were fortunate to avoid the rain, but the wind, my oh my the wind was insane! I'd say it was dangerous. I ride in the wind about as good as I climb which aint sayin much so I was glad to see in the masters race Marco made the first group of three, Danbo made the second group of three. I had a free ride in the group. I waited for the last lap and launched a power move into the cobbles and the wind tunnel got a gap and just barely held it at the line. A Fat Frogger was dangling out there in no mans land for seventh, so I got eighth. That was a good race for us.
The three race had a bunch of us in it and my legs were starting to feel all of this weekends efforts. losing my bottle with 13 to go(in the masters race) didn't help matters either. I saw a nice break of three form up the road and it looked good but I missed it. I tried to get jrvs to work with us and either get us up the road or bring that move back. After a while I tried to solo up to it and did for a brief moment, but it took me a good three laps by my lonesome in that damn wind so when I got there I was rendered useless. It would have been nice to have fresh legs so I could have played more. I went back to the group and tried to recover which I did, but felt crampage with most efforts so I chillaxed to fight another day. The weather kept a lot of spectators away, but those that were there were awesome! Thanx for the cheers. I always try and put on a show at this home event...
The rest of the day I stood at the 180 degree turn one for my volunteering efforts.
Speaking of flags Tripp brought his giant flag of Flanders and held it at the cobbles, that was awesome!

More later with pics, but I have to get back to work people!!!
enjoy

10 Comments:

  • At 12:53 PM EDT , Blogger nPlusOne said...

    You folks put on one great event downtown. That's a fun course and sure beats going around in a circle (but hurts alot more). Check out the AAB Racing blog for link to the 'Manimal', ahh, CAT 4 picture gallery on the latest post. There's a few good shots of Tim and Bill between photos of Steven. There's also pics of Tripp (and little Tripp) flying the aforementioned flag.

     
  • At 1:03 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Wayno needs a pair of matching arm warmers. Does pactimo make em large enough?

     
  • At 1:13 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You tell us. You're that big, and you wear Pactimo!

     
  • At 1:28 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Well, since we're getting personal, I had the missus sew 2 larges together but not for arm warmers...I use it to keep my junk warm when it gets chilly.

     
  • At 1:31 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    U can take a jerzee and shorts- sew them 2gether and viola, skinsuit-Holla!

     
  • At 1:44 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Send us a photo of your junk warmer!

     
  • At 1:47 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That'll cost you, moonpie!

     
  • At 1:50 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    A double stuff moonpie? I love those things, but I can get you one.

     
  • At 9:20 AM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    kev, you shouldn't be posting under anonymous, that's my thing. And besides it makes me look like i'm talking to myself.

     
  • At 9:22 AM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Ok Gener
    AKA-blog bully!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home