K-Blogg

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Where in the World is Arto?

It was a cool and windy day yesterday, but that didn't keep any of the usual suspects inside.
Danbo decided to give the legs a try at the Tues night hammerfest. He made it to the end in the lead group! As did Gener, Bill, Tim, and myself. Gener added some violent efforts that shook a lot of people loose, and nearly did me in.



After over a week off the bike, and no workouts, I was relieved to make it in with the leaders. Even if I did skip a pull or two...



We lost Art along the way. He was hanging tough for over half of the ride. Instead of waiting for people who know the route, or grabbing a que sheet, he decided to head west where the sun was setting. Whatever logic that was... As we (Me, Danbo, Bill, and Tim) ventured out on a search and rescue mission Art found a 7-11 and they kindly let him use the phone, and he somehow had Tim's cell number in his head. Danbo, and I knew his location so we led the caravan over to South Battlefield just below Hickory High! That was way off the beaten path, and we never would have looked out there. All this excitement got us hungry, so we rolled up on Chesapeake Pizza. Haven't been there in a while, good stuff!





WHAT!






We were all scratching our heads at this one





On a sidenote, the Beamer is fixed! I replaced the thermostat and upper hose. Danbo and I tested it out to and from the ride last night---it's good.
Thanx Gener for coming over and helping me route and get that belt on! Sorry about your finger...

12 Comments:

  • At 9:00 AM EDT , Blogger nPlusOne said...

    That was almost me on my first Tuesday ride after falling off the back and riding solo until another group picked me up. Now I carry this in my jersey pocket:

    http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/Tuedsay-Night-GB-Cyclery

    GB Cyclery/Pungo Ride

     
  • At 9:26 AM EDT , Blogger chris d said...

    I was a hurtin' pup last night. I would have been very lost if I hadn't waited around.

     
  • At 11:42 AM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Well it looks so simple on that map.

    I could just see you all in the distance when I got to the Cedarville Rd turn. At Sanderson I asked a car at the stop sign if they'd seen you guys. At Head of River I used logic realizing Chesapeake was to the west so I cruised towards the last glow of the sun. Who knew about those other turns so I missed the Land of Promise. That got me to Centerville smack dab in the middle of Nowhereville. But we started near Centerville, didn't we? At the 7-11 on Battlefield I thought I knew a name. I looked up Great Bridge Cycle... Fentress Road. Anyone? There's nothing on Fentress. The airfield. There's another Fentress somewhere. They spoke of these places as so far away from here. Then I met Athena, really. Wait, this is hardly a Greek epic. Turns out she knows the Contes. Was an owner or something of Tera Nova. She let me use her cell phone. So somehow I pulled Tim's number out of my arse where I keep all the numbers I can't remember. You have to press Send. One day I'll learn how to use a cell phone. No one was home (but that's Tim's problem). Then I was offered a ride. Great. Wait. I'm so lost I don't know where I need to go... Athena left and I really had to go. So I went behind the 7-11. Another phone call and the caravan came to my rescue. Oh shit, it's the bloggers.

    So I was lost and now am blogged...

     
  • At 12:08 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Don't let em fool you art! THey started laughing as soon as you dropped off. They knew that you were gonna get lost. I tried to tell them to wait, but they started pushing harder and harder.

    It's just not right!

     
  • At 12:13 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    As if anyones gonna believe that, Gene!

     
  • At 2:38 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I too, smell a weasel.

     
  • At 3:53 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'm gonna beat you with your colostomy bag art.

     
  • At 5:06 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    It was a chest tube!

     
  • At 7:29 PM EDT , Blogger JB said...

    OH Art

     
  • At 8:02 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    this is good stuff,,i`m not sayin nuttin...................

     
  • At 9:55 PM EDT , Blogger Liz Schleeper said...

    Someone needs a gps! I will join you guys out there on Tues nights soon!

     
  • At 6:48 AM EDT , Blogger Kevin said...

    Cool!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home