K-Blogg

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Mud in your eye XC series

Did another 5k running race at Trashmore today! This time it was cross country with use of the hills. Strangely, my time was just a few seconds slower than when I did it on new years day on the flat running paths. Probably because I enjoy being off the pavement and being in the hills, and I actually ran a few times leading up to this one. I like it a lot, and feel like it's great off season cross training to keep things in order. Theres no way I can match that intensity on the bike.
Afterwards Danbo, Marco, and myself went for a urban assault ride down to Starbucks at the beach where we met up with our roadie brethren and shared different blends of coffees, and stories, and plans. On the ride back to Trashmore Danbo and I rode the out of service train tracks almost the whole way. Let me tell ya---That is one Helluva workout! We took some cool pics and video so watchout for a video mash up soon...

Below is the infamous kalerunning email sent shortly after the race. They're so fast and professional... I'm so impressed with how they run things. (get it? run...)
Hey Hupps, Have a great vacation! See ya'll in two weeks.

Congratulations Kevin Horvath on finishing the Mud in Your Eye Cross Country #1 on January 20, 2007. For your records, the weather that day was Sunny, 35 degrees F, 52% humidity, Wind WNW 7 mph.

There were 34 finishers in the Male 35 to 39 age group and 432 finishers in the 5K division.

Your overall finish place was 61, your age group finish place was 7 and your gender finish place was 55. Your time 21:52.15 gave you a 7:03 pace per mile.
Thank you for braving the cold and coming out to the 3rd annual MIYE XC race series. For a full listing of results please visit www.mudinyoureye.kalerunning.com. For event photos visit www.triduo.com
Happy Running,
Team Kale






We need to make this a rails to trails project. Imagine if you will a straight shot from Norfolk to the Beach on bikes...
Liz, what do you think?

Danbo-thanx for the pics! Danbo and Marco, thanx for cheering (jeering) me on during my race and waiting for me to ride afterwards.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:26 PM EST , Blogger SAMBO said...

    35 degrees at VAB??? Sorry, i guess i did bring the cold weather back with me.
    Nice job on the run.

     
  • At 3:54 PM EST , Blogger Liz Schleeper said...

    It sure seemed colder than 35 yesterday. Good run on you.

    We need LIGHT RAIL even more than we need rails to trails. My vote is for light rail with single track running along side of it. Would that be a RUSH or what, folks waving out the window and racing the trains?

     
  • At 8:12 PM EST , Blogger JB said...

    Nice run.

    Great time too! - for a heel striker.

    I think I've died and gone to cycling heaven.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home