K-Blogg

Monday, November 27, 2006

Trashmore CX.2 write-up

Trashmore CX.2

The second edition of the Trashmore Cross was a Hit! This year it was the state champs so I would have loved to have taken the gold in front of the home crowd. Man, it seemed like I had a cheering section around the entire course. Thanks everybody, it helps soooo much when I’m redlined and about to blow, but I can’t because you guys are keeping me in it! I felt some pressure in that sense, but it was awesome. I hope we put on an exciting show… with just an out and back stretch before entering the single file long stairway, I knew that starting position would be important as it usually is in a cross race. Yeager went from the line, but Mark Russell went up the stairs first, I was in 4th up the stairs. Once we came out of the spiral of death we had made our selection with McMillon, myself, Russell, Kyle, & Ian (grasshopper). This is really what we had hoped for so we just played nice for a while trading blows and feeling eachother out. Once again I felt like this was not a group I should try and escape from (it just wouldn’t happen). But I did manage to keep second wheel for most of the race. Answering most of the attacks with little problems. We all rode really well together, and I was so happy to be a part of the mix. You gotta be in it to win it… last lap came upon us rather quickly, but at the rate we were going, it was actually welcomed. So halfway thru Kyle attacked before the stairs, and I chased making the stairs really hard on me. After the spiral he went again, I chased again and McMillon countered, Kyle went with and Ian followed shortly after. I was cooked, but tried to make up some ground on the pavement, nut its way to short and there went the medals. McMillon with a brilliant and powerful move took the gold, Ian jumped Kyle at the line for silver, and Kyle took bronze I was right behind them for 4th and Mark was right there as well for 5th. It was a great race I thought and I’m satisfied knowing that I did all I could to contest for the win, but they got me, they got me good. Good onya’s! just so ya know, most of us were there at 6am setting up the course (so I got there at 6:30---my bad). Not an excuse, just a lil FYI. Looking forward to a few more races and then it’s time for a short break…
Our race ended up a little shortened and we are very sorry about that. The officials took our first two laps and calculated how many laps we should make. But uncharacteristically, we went faster each lap which ate into our overall time. The officials felt it would be wrong to extend the race and add laps thus causing possible confusion. So let it ride and our race was something like 33 mins instead of 45. We as the promoters are very sorry and we spoke to the officiating crew and will do whatever is necessary to not let that happen in the future. More time could have definitely changed things. I’m sure Mark C and Bill G were looking for more time to come and join us. I sure as hell could have used a team mate up there fo sho!
We had a great showing on all levels---racers, spectators, and volunteers! We had wonderful prizes donated from the various Conte’s bike shops in the area that we raffled off with all proceeds going to Merideth a mountain biker/Chef who had a horrific crash 2 years ago at the Tidewater MTB Challenge (Steve’s Race) and is hemmed up in a wheelchair. Good to see you out there bro! Was that weather awesome or what???

Mad props go out to Michael Crazy Hosang who dreamed a dream of having a cross race on mountains of trash! And our Team Tri-Power for coming together and doing whats needed to put on a high level top notch event in a heavily populated and high traffic park!
I apologize for not taking part in the breakdown of the course. I was very busy doing post race interviews and pictures. Did you really think I would??? See ya’ll freaks soon-----------------
JB has pics almost ready
Danbo has some pics up
Tripp, i want the pic of me you and momma Trpp!!!
Liz will have something soon
Mr. Russell & Sambo as well (Congrats to Sam on walking away from the masters field and making it look real easy out there)
If you got pics---send em to me!!!

3 Comments:

  • At 8:40 PM EST , Blogger MRussell said...

    nice write up
    Great Race

    I've got a pic of the five of us, thanks to Sam

     
  • At 4:34 PM EST , Blogger PDub said...

    sounds like you had a good race homie, especially considering when i last spoke to you you were coming down with some kind of illness. good on ya! btw, i now have my own blog, so you are going to have to help me set it up and invite you and liz and whoever else to be guests or whatever on it. talk to you later dog!

     
  • At 9:48 PM EST , Blogger Kevin said...

    Walnutz!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home