K-Blogg

Monday, January 01, 2007

Hair of the Dog 5k 01-01-07








  • kalerunning
  • Has put on another fine event. This time a 5k run at Mt Trashmore va beach va! This is my first ever 5k, and I must admit--- I was nervous, excited, scared, all in one. Once it was done, I was so glad I did it, and actually I did pretty good.
    Here's a copy and paste of their email that they send you right away. I may be easy to please in this aspect, or I may just be a cyclist...
    "Congratulations Kevin Horvath on finishing the Hair of the Dog 5K on January 01, 2007. For your records, the weather that day was Mostly cloudy, 69 degrees F, 63% humidity, SSW wind 24 mph gusts to 33.

    There were 39 finishers in the Male 35 to 39 age group and 409 finishers in the 5K Run division.

    Your overall finish place was 36, your age group finish place was 9 and your gender finish place was 34. Your time of 21:40.25 gave you a 6:59 pace per mile.

    Thank you for coming out to our event, and we hope you are off to a greaat New Year! For a full listing of results please visit www.hairofthedog.kalerunning.com. For race photos, visit www.triduo.com. We hope to see you at another kalerunning.com timed event in the near future.

    Happy Running,

    Team Kale"
    I was gunning for my boy Rob D's wheel (draft) jokingly- and lined up on the front row. Just who do I think I am? It was an amazing feeling to be in the lead group for a portion of the race! I got to watch the race unfold. I had to back off of this lead group pretty soon, or I'd blow a gasket and dnf. D-bo took a lot of pics and some video.
    Also, some pics will be posted at
  • triduo!

  • Marco was flying the tri-power colors as lead moto on bike! He was very concerned about getting passed by the leaders. He flatted, but kept it rolling. Shortly after the start I saw him do a double take seeing me in the front group... That was classic. Danbo pretty much stayed with me on his beach cruiser. Thanx for rollin with me, and for the pics d-bo!
    Mike McMahon was out there as well, with his Dad and daughter (sarah). Thanks for bringing my t-shirt that I left behind. Two dog shirts in one day! I guess I left my car open? Or perhaps you have a key? nah...
    Pretty much have just chilled for the rest of this day. Took flat tired Marco home ( his spare tube was a joke). Went to bucks for the usual grande gringo, and cinn scone. Drive thru's rock! No cup holders in the beamer---sucks! Me and J-bug went to the mall and did a couple of laps-- got her a learning cd-rom, and me a book (part of my new years resolution is to read more) From what I've read in the past, it should be an easy task...
    Returned the keg to total wine in the downpour late afternoon. I'm still recovering from all that PBR!
    Came home to an awesome Horvath home cooked meal.
    Some straightening up around the house, and playing on the computers.
    Can't wait to watch some more of LOST season 2! I have been back and forth to Blockbuster video grabbing 2 discs at a time with 4 episodes each on em. This is the best non MTV series I've ever come across. Never before have I seen a show that makes me say "what the" more than this one does. Anyone else pickin up what I'm throwing down here?

    Remember to renew your usa cycling licenses people! Especially if you're racing Sunday at Pole Green!

    peace

    5 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home