K-Blogg

Friday, November 11, 2005

Wooden Wheels at Granogue Cyclocross



The conditions were perfect. Cold, rain, and lots of mud! Almost the whole time you have no line and you just cruise through the mud. We had a huge field of 90, so as you know the start was crazy. I kinda chilled out cuz I didn't get much of a warm up. But the race goes up the road at the start. By the time I felt good and progressing it was over. I got 51st. Afterwards we freshened up and watched the pros while hangin under the beer tent!


Some quotes from the pro's taken from the write up on bikereg.com

Afterwards, both Trebon and Johnson were smiling and laughing like a couple of brothers after a water balloon fight. Said Trebon, laughing, “it was slick. It would look like it was solid but it wasn’t. I crashed there, I crashed over there. I tripped on the barricade. But it was really fun.”

Fifteen minutes later, second-placed Johnson was still pumped at his successful return to the highest level of cyclocross racing. As he started to change into dry clothes, he looked up, smiled a huge smile, and said, “That was so much fun. That was a blast. That’s why I love ‘cross.”





Mr. Wilson, me, & Crazy











0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home